Advanced Carrier-Grade 10G Ethernet Demarcation and Aggregation
The MSP-10GE-4P supports the latest Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) carrier Ethernet requirements (i.e., CE 2.0 specifications) using dedicated hardware-based design that achieves superior performance for accurate SLA monitoring and OAM per IEEE 802.1ag, IEEE 802.3ah and end-to-end ITU-T Y.1731. It supports multi-priority and hierarchical QoS traffic while ensuring latency, jitter and packet delivery performance on a per Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) or per-flow basis. The MSP-10GE-4P supports Ring and Path protection using ITU-T G.8032 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) and ITU-T G.8031 ELPS (Ethernet Linear Protection Switching). The MSP-10GE-4P support for carrier Ethernet service profiling using MEF-based Committed Information Rate (CIR) and Excess Information Rate (EIR) is among many other features and capabilities.
- Support for the latest Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) CE 2.0 specifications
- Scalable capacity using 2 x 10G XFP, 2 x 10G SFP+ ports, and 24 x 1G optical/copper SFP
- MEF-defined Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVC) for E-LINE, E-LAN and E-TREE services
- Dedicated hardware processor for Ethernet OAM, SLA and service testing: IEEE 802.1ag, IEEE 802.3ah, ITU-T Y.1731
- Point-to-point and ring protection switching supported on all ports using ERPS, LACP, RSTP and MSTP.
- Integrated IEEE 1588v2 and Sync-E network timing
- Extensive management features; CLI, WEB, SNMPv2c/v3c with in-band and out-of-band support
- Advanced QoS and traffic management with multiple traffic profiling and H-QoS per EVC/ EVC.CoS Temperatures hardened system
- Single AC/DC or Dual DC, Dual AC, AC/DC power
- Integrates switching, aggregation and DWDM transport in 1.5RU and 80W power consumption